Tomatrax is an independent online music magazine. We interview musicians, review music, and occasionally post other features. No genre is off limits.
If you are a fan of music then we invite you to read our articles and contribute your opinion.
If you are in a band and would like to be featured in the magazine then we invite you to email us. We are always interested in hearing new music and featuring new musicians (but also read below).
If you would like to get your single, EP or LP featured you can email MP3s or a link to download MP3s (but no rar files or streams please, if it can’t be easily downloaded as an MP3, it won’t be listened to). Alternatively you can mail a CD to
PO Box 6424
Upper Mt Gravatt QLD 4122
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING
We always love to hear new music and new artists, however we receive hundreds of emails every week. We try to get to everyone but sadly due to time limits and other commitments this isn’t always possible, so apologies in advance if you don’t hear back.
At the moment, due to time constraints we will be doing more high level features of albums that we like and fewer “in-depth” reviews.We still welcome new music coming in and if we like it we will put up a post saying so.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when sending music to Tomatrax.
* When writing say what you kind of coverage you are after (review, interview, etc). Sending a link to a track stream, or a video clip and asking for coverage generally won’t receive a response.
* Interview requests tend to get quicker responses than other request. If you are interested in an interview (either for your band or the band you are promoting) put that up front of your message. Generally e-mail interviews are preferred.
* If you want music reviewed, the music MUST be easily downloadable as an MP3, otherwise the music will not be listened to. Links to bandcamp pages are fine as long as a download code is provided or the release is a “pay what you want”. You can mail CDs over if you like but MP3s are sufficient.
* Sites such as Haulix are often used to review music that promoters have submitted. If there is a particular artist you’d like considered let us know.
* Please be patient. If you don’t hear back after a while feel free to send a reminder, but don’t send several emails in a short space.
Also keep in mind that when we review music we are brutally honest!